If you are interested in starting ABA therapy at the Autism Foundation of Tennessee below are the steps to take to make it happen.
A.) Tenncare Select Individuals:
- Fill out the Tenncare Select Intake Form. You can request an intake packet from Chris by emailing email@example.com.
- Contact your doctor and ask for a referral for ABA stating “ABA evaluation and therapy. Diagnosis 299.00″.
- This needs to be stated on the referral before additional steps can be taken.
- The referral can be faxed to (615) 376-3488; Attention: Chris Nusser – Administrative Assistant
- Once the referral is received the AFT will contact Tenncare to request time to conduct an assessment.
- Once the assessment is completed and submitted, then services will begin on a weekly basis. The amount of sessions will be determined by the severity of behavior problems.
B.) Tricare Individuals: (We accept North & South Regions)
- The Autism Foundation of Tennessee will receive your information from a case manager either in the North or South Regions.
- Once we receive this information then you will be contacted by a BCBA to complete the intake form and set up the initial assessment.
- Intake Form.
- After the initial assessment, a behavior and treatment plan will be developed and submitted to your case manager in your region.
- The BCBA will determine at that time if you will be on the ECHO or DEMO program and the number of hours per month.
C.) Out of Pocket Families:
- Please fill out the Intake Form.
- Request a referral from your doctor for “ABA evaluation and therapy. Diagnosis Code:____” (the diagnosis code is determined by the doctor)
- Referrals and intake forms can be faxed to (615) 376-3488; Attention: Chris Nusser – Administrative Assistant.
- After these are received then the AFT will contact you to conduct the initial assessment and discuss the amount of hours you would like for your child.
- The rates for assessments can be obtained by emailing Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.